Environmental lands DepartmentLand Leases

Tribal and Band Land: Leasing and Rights-of-way/Land Use/Building Permits Services Provided:

Residential. Free use residential leases are available to tribal members, must be enrolled in Leech Lake Band to be eligible for lease on Band land. MCT members are eligible for leases on tribal lands.

Recreational Lakeshore leases are available on established lakeshore leasing tracts on Cass Lake, Boy Lake and Leech Lake. Currently there are no Vacant Lots, however, information can be requested where the Lessee has improvements for sale. Lakeshore lease rental rates are based on a percentage of the Lakeshore Appraisals provided by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Commerical and Agricultural leases, Sand and Gravel Permits or other Right-of-Way Easements are available on Indian lands for a lease/Permit fee as established.

Land Use/Building Permits: Any person leasing Indian lands (Tribal, Band Allotments) or any member of an Indian tribe owning fee lands within the reservation boundaries are required to obtain Permits through this office, for any type of development, construction or any other ground disturbance activities.

A permit cannot be issued without approval by all DRM Programs.

Contact Us

(218) 335-7400 DRM

Name Title Phone
Brown, Levi Environmental Lands Director 335-7417
Joseph Fowler Allotment & Estates Coordinator
Cobel Point of Contact
Brown, Sue "Pebbles" Land Use Administrator 335-7420
French, Marti Land Department Assistant 335-7401
Thompson, Diane Lease Administration Officer 335-7419
Kingbird, Della Trust Estates Planning Coordinator 335-7409
Bismark, David Survey/Field Technician 335-7469