The Leech Lake Enrollment office will close on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. and will remain closed through Thursday, November 3, 2016.
We will reopen for business on Friday, November 4, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
10/26/2016 - 10/28/2016 Duluth Area Office
10/31/2016 - 11/03/2016 Annual Enrollment Conference
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Enrollment Office verifies enrollment of Tribal Members and issues Tribal Identification Cards to enrolled members.
To be considered for enrollment:
- The applicant must have a parent enrolled in Leech Lake
- The applicant blood quantum must be one-quarter (¼).
- The applicant must provide a certified birth certificate
Process of acceptance, delinquish or transfer:
- The Tribal Council will vote on each submission at each quarterly meeting
- The application will then be forwarded to the Tribal Executive Committee (TEC) of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe (MCT) for final determination
Tribal Identification Cards
To receive a card the applicant must provide one of the following:
- Minnesota Identification Card
- Valid Drivers License
- Social Security Card
- Certified Birth Certificate
- First card is free, duplicate cards are $15.00
- After issued the cards will be valid for four (4) years
Method of Payment
- Money order accepted