The program is responsible for providing emergency preparedness training to the LLBO organizations, employees, community members and also to to increase the capabilities of the LLBO to respond to public health threats and emergencies, such as natural disasters, severe weather, bioterrorism, disease outbreaks, mass casualties, and chemical or radiation emergencies by assisting in the development of plans and policies.
The program provides:
- Education and training to community members on family emergency preparedness
- Risk communications and health information dissemination, monitors information to assure the most current and accurate information is available.
- Monitor state health alerts
- Coordinating LLBO preparedness and response to public health emergencies
- Participates in the development, review, and management of policies for preparedness to mitigate possible events that could jeopardize public safety, health, and the environment
- Development of training materials to educate the public
Call for more information