A Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Assessment is provided at no charge in the home of elders and people with disabilities. Persons can request this assessment through the Leech Lake Band rather than going through their county social service office. It can also be requested through the Personal Care Assistance agency that a person has chosen, which will then send a referral to the Leech Lake Heatlh Division to request the assessment.
A Public Health Nurse does the assessment and determines the amount of time that can be authorized, based on State and Federal guidelines. The participant chooses an agency to provide the services, which can be from any agency in the state.
- Must be Native American or in a household with a Native American
- Must live on the Leech Lake Reservation or in Beltrami, Cass, Hubbard, or Itasca County
- Must be eligible for Medical Assistance
- Must need help with at least one of these: dressing, eating, bathing, or toileting
- Proof of residency
- Proof of age
- Call for more information
- You may call to set up an in-home appointment
Fees - None