Child Welfare Mission:
“protecting a child’s sense of belonging to family and tribe”.
The Family Preservation Program offers short term services to families needing assistance due to lack of resources or a family dilemma, which if not addressed, could result in disrupting the family’s stability.
Services offered through these objectives include Case Management, Child Abuse Prevention, Family Based Education, Individual & Family Counseling and Truancy Intervention.
- Case Management services are offered on a voluntary basis to assist families during a family crisis and to help build self sufficiency.
- Child Abuse Prevention services are provided throughout the community and within the family to promote & build positive family relationships
- Family Based Education services are available so families may learn the necessary skills to cope with issues that negatively affect their life and strengthen the family unit
- Individual and Family Counseling services are a resource that is used to help reduce conflicts affecting family functioning and well-being
- Truancy Intervention services are implemented to help youth overcome attendance barriers and to be successful in school
- Referred through the Leech Lake Child Protection Program
- Live within the Leech Lake Reservation boundaries