The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay home heating costs. Households with the lowest incomes and highest energy costs receive the greatest benefit.
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
- Households with the lowest income and highest fuel costs receive the highest grants
- Federally funded through US Department of Human Services
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners
- We provide direct payment to the energy supplier
- Educate consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely
- Advocate with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers
- Crisis help for utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries
- Emergency heating system repair or replacement
All information provided is confidential and will be handled as such.
For EAP, your household income cannot be more than these income guidelines for three months:.
- Application for Energy Assistance Program, Weatherization Assistance Program and Conservation Improvement program.
- All applications must be returned to the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Energy Assistance Program at the address listed above.
- All applications must be received within 60 days of the signed date and postmarked on or received on or before May 31, 2017.
- Proof of income for the past three months
|If you sign
|Send Proof of gross income received in the months of:
||May, June, July 2016
||June, July, August 2016
||July, August, Sept. 2016
||August, Sept., Oct 2016
||Sept., Oct., Nov. 2016
||Oct., Nov., Dec. 2016
||Nov., Dec., Jan 2016-17
||Dec., Jan., Feb. 2016-17
||Jan., Feb., March 2017
||Feb., March, April 2017
|If you are claiming NO INCOME;
you must fill out the Worksheet for Households Claiming No Income.
- Copy of heating bill
- Copy of electric bill
How to Apply
- Pick-up a 2015-2016 application in person at the address listed above or download an application from the link above.
- Return the completed application to the LLBO Energy Assistance office - by mail or in person.
Minnesota Department of Commerce