In addition to the following services, The Nest also provides full clinic services as listed under Community Clinics page.
When to get a Child & Teen Check-up (CTC):
Every two years
to age 20
Go to CTC page >
- Home visits
- Parent education/support
- Growth & development assessments
- Home safety education and checks
- Group activities
- Child & Teen check-ups - go to CTC page >
- Immunization clinics
- Nest incentive program
- Childbirth classes
- Breast feeding Support
- Prenatal education/support
- Postpartum education/support
- Car seat clinics
- Doula services
- Safe sleep education
- Baby bath education
- Dental varnishing
- Womens health care
- Birth control management
- Pregnancy testing
- Family planning
- WIC services
- HIV/STD testing & counseling
- Physical exams ◦Headstart & school physicals
- Sports physicals
- Incentive program
Maternal Child Heath Information
A monitoring program for prenatal, postpartum women and children ages 0-21.
- To provide a system to regularly monitor children ages 0 to 21 years old for appropriate growth and development.
- To facilitate the referral of the women and children requiring further assessments and early intervention services.
- Support positive parenting skills.
- Home safety checks to assist parents in their efforts to keep their children healthy and safe.
- Promote traditional parenting practices with role clarifications.
- Provide clinical appointments with health care providers for women and children.
Doula Program - Pregnant Women
A Doula is a woman experienced in childbirth that provides physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before during and after birth.
- Help form a birth plan
- Provide support throughout labor
- Offers help and advice on comfort measures
- Encourages family support during labor.
The doula does not speak for the mother but supports her to speak on her own behalf.
Reside on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation.
Call to make an appointment or for more information.
Earn points when you complete any of the education sessions, prenatal visits and well child visits.
Car seats available.
Contact Car Seat Program >